Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, July 13, 2012

A Whole New Experience!


Well, I decided, and the husband agreed, that when the twins are born, we are going to cloth diaper them. The biggest reason is the financial aspect of it. Diapering Makenna has been quite costly, and though we are working on potty training, I don't know if she will be completely potty trained by time the twins are born. I am hoping so though. Then paying for twins to be in diapers is going to be outrageous, especially at a time where Brandon and I will be adapting to new jobs and leaving the financial comfort of the military. Makenna was allergic to many different diapers, but Pampers seemed to work well for her, and Pampers are actually one of the more expensive brands out there, so if we had to do that for the twins, it would just be a lot. I thought about cloth diapering Makenna because of the environmental factors, but I didn't want to pin and fold diapers and have her wear plastic pants over them, but now they have these modern cloth diapers, that I had never heard of. They don't require folding or pinning, they have this all in one system, so it's just as easy to use them as disposables. There's a couple pictures below. The snaps are to adjust so that the baby can wear them from 8 pounds to 36 pounds and the inserts just tuck into a pocket and your ready to rock and roll.
Inside of Diaper
The cloth diapers I use.
So after ordering a dozen of Kawaii brand cloth diapers, I only paid 87 dollars, and I'll need about 4 dozen total, so for about $350, I can diaper the twins for their entire diapering stage. I've spent probably 7x that on disposable diapers for Makenna, and she still needs them. Well anyway, the diapers came in the mail, and I wanted to try them out to make sure I like them, so I have been using them on Makenna for 3 days now, and they have held up against lots of pee, poop, and even diarrhea without a problem! It's pretty awesome. So I am using this dozen I have on Makenna until she is potty trained, and then I'll continue to buy more, a dozen at at a time, for the twins. I wish I had knew about these when I was pregnant with Makenna, because I would of defiantly used them a lot sooner.

Some down-sides of using the cloth diapers, is that I do a load of laundry at the end of the day of cloth diapers. After Makenna poo's or pee's in them, I dump the chunks into the toilet, rinse them out, and drop them in a bucket in the bathroom, then around 4 or 5 in the evening, I put them in the wash. She's been using about 7 or 8 a day, though yesterdays diarrhea mess, we used about 10. I don't think that cloth diapering is for everyone because it's not just a 5 second change of the diaper, fold it up, and throw it out, because of the rinsing and washing that's required every day, but if you don't mind an extra 2-3 minutes added to the end of every diaper changing, and throwing a load in the wash every day, then these are for you!!


No comments:

Post a Comment