Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, May 11, 2012

Makenna's Clothes

I get so many compliments about how I dress Makenna. People tell me all the time, "she always dresses so cute, you must spend a lot of money on her clothes!" And my reply to that is, "no, I don't spend a lot" and then I go into details about how I feel that how a child dresses is important. I don't think that the clothes matter, or name brands, but I think that it's important for a child to look nice. Nice doesn't mean wearing your Sunday best, but wearing something that is cute, but comfortable, trendy, but age appropriate.

Now, I don't get the luxury of be able to by second hand, and I don't get any hand-me-down's either, so I have to buy Makenna's clothes brand new.

Challenges:
Cute and trendy
Fun and colorful
Unique but not weird
WALLET FRIEDLY!


Now everyone just thinks that Walmart is well, Walmart, so they must be the cheapest, and sorry to knock on a store that is great, but their not! They have cute stuff, sure, but they have stuff that every kid on the block is going to be wearing.

To fulfill my cute, trendy, fun and colorful challenge I shop around. Makenna owns a few things from Walmart, so do not think I boycotted them. I love Kohls, Children's Place, and Old Navy the most. I mix and match outfits from various places so that I can great that "Unique" aspect of my challenges. Now, they say that those are name brands, and maybe they are to some, and maybe not to others, but either way, they can be cheap! SHOP AHEAD AND SHOP THERE FREQUENTLY!  I get super saving coupons emailed to me for shopping there often, and I shop ahead to get sales. I also shop at peak times. Makenna will need a new size of clothing this fall, so in March, when all the winter and fall items were on sale because of the new spring arrivals, I did some shopping. I am slowly obtaining clothes for the fall, for Makenna, whenever I see a sale item. I don't always shop for on sale items, but about 80% of the time, it's on sale.

Here's some example of Makenna's clothes!
Shirt from Children's place, Skirt from Old Navy, Shoes from the PX, and leggings from H&M

Skirt from amazon, tutu, tights, leg warmers from H&M, flower hair piece from walmart

boots from walmart, tights, skirt, and sweater from  the children's place, headband from the German dollar store.

Shirt from the px, necklace from who knows, and sun glasses from walmart.

outfit from kohls

one hand me down from her cousin, Paisley (first hand me down ever, wish she got more) Headband and bow from grandparents

PX outfit

Outfit from PX, shoes from Deichman (german shoe store)

tights from children's place, skirt and shirt from walmart, top hat bow from the German Claires

Outfit from kohls, shoes from Diechman, hair bows bought variously since she was born

too big for her now, but got these cuties from kohls.

outfit from kohls, hair bow from amazon

4 comments:

  1. Her clothes are really cute.

    I've never had to buy Keon any huge amount of clothes. Just things here and there. I got so much stuff at my baby shower! It has lasted two years! I will have to get him all new clothes this coming winter. I will probably go to this thrift store here. It's full of things for babies and toddlers! Their stuff is really nice and cheap! Honestly, I am really excited about it! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we had options here for used clothes, but we don't. When we get to the states I will be looking at thrift stores and what not for clothing, especially if we are expecting twin boys. At my baby shower I got tons of 0-3 and 3-6 month clothes, but nothing larger than that, so we've had to buy entire wardrobes for her in the other sizes. She's in a 24 month/2T now, but they are still baggy on her, she just needs to length in them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is Keon exactly. He's so tall that the 2T pants are almost to short!

      Delete
  3. Makenna's outgrowing the length of the 2T also, but she's so darn skinny that 2T are already huge around her waist and legs, that I can't imagine having to get another size bigger. I think the fortunate part about having a girl, is I buy a lot of leggings and jeggings when she gets in the awkward stage like this.

    ReplyDelete